Remember how it all began?
10 PRINT "Hello World"
20 GOTO 10
And the world’s reply?
Nothing. Null. Nada. Tumble-weed.
But I’m not worried. That’s how greatness starts!
- Number 1 on Einstein‘s list of achievements was learning to count.
- Once upon a time even Tolkien had to learn his ABCs.
- The first step to success for Roger Bannister was learning to walk.
We all have to start somewhere.
As the wise have said:
- Despise not the day of small beginnings
- Every journey begins with a single step
- Rome wasn’t built in a day
There are, then, just two things that make up greatness:
- The courage to get started
- The tenacity to keep getting better
So, here I go:
- I’ll do something worthwhile today
- I’ll aim to do it better than I did it yesterday
- And in so doing I’ll learn something for tomorrow
In the mean time, I raise a glass to you, “Hello world”.
It may seem childish now, but it will grow up soon enough.